Raša is the youngest town in Istra. On the personal initiative of Mussolini, the town construction started in the middle of 1936.
The town square is dominated by St. Barbara church, the patron of all miners. The church itself is shaped like an upturned coal-mine cart, while the church tower reminds of a coal mine lamp. Church arcades resemble coal mine galleries as well.